Tuesday 13 September 2016

Future Indefinite!

Mass communication is a diverse field and that is a blessing, but only till your third year of graduation. Come sixth semester and there is complete confusion over the way ahead. Should one take up a job or an internship? Should one explore higher education opportunities? In case we do, so should we go for diploma, degree or go abroad? MMC or MBA? Entrance exam coaching?

So many questions yet a very simple answer. Don’t believe it? Read on!

Ask yourself 10 basic questions.

1) Why do I want to study more?
(a) To explore the subject in greater detail   or
(b) Dude, I just want a BETTER package and I think PG will help?
(c) My neighbor’s uncle’s great grandfather thinks I should do PG.
(d) I want to explore teaching as a career option.

2) I like the creative and field work part of media (A) or
I am OK sitting for 12 hours at my desk typing on my computer for the rest of my life (B)

3) I have come to media–
(a) by mistake
(b) by choice
(c) by fluke

4) I want a
(a) wellpaying job with any profile at a branded institution
(b) good profile, comfortable job with decent timings
(c) highly paid job with medium size institution, profile doesn’t matter

5) I am ready to 
(a) move out of my city
(b) to work in odd shifts even those that have bad timings
(c) build a career but HAVE a life to celebrate
(d) slog out for two years to see where I land up

6) I am flexible about 
(a) position and profile being offered
(b) salary and place of work
(c) area or field I will be asked to work in

7) I see myself as 
(a) owninga Yatch (Yacht)
(b) havingan ideal career and famous in my chosen field
(c) somehowmanaging with the salary but enjoying my life with a highly satisfying job
(d) Who cares about job, money is all I care for

8) I am worried about 
(a) Family/ friends/ parent’s expectations
(b) Falling short of my own goals
(c) Using what I have to the best of my capability
(d) That I have wasted my time doing BJMC

9)  I want to appear for entrance but 
(a) I don’t know how to prepare for one or which course is better
(b) I just want a good job…PG or no PG
(c) I don’t know anything…DAMN!!
(d) My parent’s think I need PG (but they don’t know what I learned in grads!)

10) I am thinking
(a) Why did I join BJMC?
(b) Why is it so confusing?
(c) Why is melody so chocolaty?
(d) Even after reading it all I can’t make sense of anything?

Choose one option from all questions and reply for the best career advise ever!
See your doubts melting away!



Ms. Aakanksha Sharma
Assistant Professor
Deptt. of Mass Communication

No comments:

Post a Comment